Trace Lot Genealogy: Keeping the Foods Industry safe and profitable
The GainSeeker Suite SPC software platform is the corporate standard in many of the largest food and packaging companies in the world for foods industry compliance.
It protects product integrity before, during, and after your products go to market. Hertzler Systems understands the tough foods industry compliance regulation challenges you face.
McCormick Flavor Division
McCormick & Company Inc.
“GainSeeker has helped us reduce material costs by 10–30% on an annual basis. Of all the plants in the McCormick Flavor Division, our plant is consistently at the top of the list for efficiency of material usage, and by a substantial margin.
“We trace that directly back to our use of Hertzler’s software.”
Read more of this article …
Powerful trace lot genealogy and more
- Compare and determine which raw materials and suppliers most impact your processes: GainSeeker’s Variation Wizard and Drill-Down Wizard
- For faster issue resolution and operator pride: Production Line performance dashboards
- Understand the opportunity to improve your packaging processes and turn data into dollars: GainSeeker’s exclusive Overpack Wizard
Compliance in the Foods Industry
- Weight control
- Operational efficiency (OEE – Overall Equipment Effectiveness)
- Foods industry compliance and safety
- Trace lot genealogy
Foods Industry Compliance
Under the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, part 11 of Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations (21 CFR Part 11) establishes the criteria under which electronic records and electronic signatures will be considered equivalent to paper records and handwritten signatures.
Manufacturers of products that are regulated by the FDA must apply this rule to records in electronic form that are created, modified, maintained, archived, retrieved, or transmitted.
NIST Handbook 133 – 2011 Edition
The first task of any Net Contents program is to meet the requirements of NIST Handbook 133 and other governmental regulations for compliance to net content declarations on packaged goods.
But the NIST 133 standard doesn’t specify limits for overfilling.
That’s left up to you.
The GainSeeker approach allows you to tighten the curve so that there are no MAVs and less overpack. GainSeeker streamlines data collection by connecting directly to all brands and models of scales and balances. If your equipment can communicate with a computer, GainSeeker can acquire that data. Then, as each new measurement is entered into the system, real-time statistical tests are applied to the data. If a process change is detected, GainSeeker alerts you to it immediately by sending a text or email to persons you specify.
ISO 22000 – Food safety management
ISO 22000 defines a system ensuring the safe production and packaging of food. GainSeeker leverages your existing HACCP data by using modern statistical techniques to help you improve process stability over time.
- Record measurements for variable data in a database for easy analysis and reporting
- Immediately identify unstable conditions using statistical alarms (which are much more sensitive than pass/fail data)
- Analyze and report results based on product lines, point in process, shift, operator, and so forth.
- Track on-time data collection by department, shift and operator to ensure compliance with safety standards
Check out the case studies below, or request a demo and see what GainSeeker Suite can do for you.