Job title: Software Developer/Cloud DevOps
FSLB category: Salaried/Exempt
Reports to: Cloud Product Manager
Hertzler Systems is seeking a front-end web developer and Azure systems administrator to help develop the GainSeeker Suite cloud application in Azure. This job will appeal to someone who enjoys solving real-world problems through architecting and implementing full-stack software solutions. While this developer will have the primary responsibility of leading Azure system administration, writing code will be 80% of the job initially. This developer will need to become proficient in writing code for the full stack of the GainSeeker Suite, which includes backend C# .NET Core, desktop .NET, web app front ends, as well as maintaining the existing GainSeeker desktop applications (also in C# .NET).
Skills needed for Software Development
- Developing or maintaining web applications in a cloud computing environment: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean, etc.
- 3+ years of professional software development or system administration
- SQL and Database management or design
- Programming in a strongly, statically typed language: C#, Java, C++, TypeScript
- Openness and aptitude to learn and try new technologies
- Strong attention to detail, thorough, organized, and systematic
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Enjoys solving problems with an analytical approach
Nice to have experience with
- .NET or .NET Core; ASP.NET or ASP.NET Core
- Bash or PowerShell scripting
- API management and design
- SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or MySQL
- CDN configuration and management
- Responsive web design
- Container technology for web applications; Microservices/Miniservices architecture
- Best practices for security, site reliability, and DevOps in a cloud computing environment
- Git or equivalent SCM
- IoT platforms
- Architect and lead management of Azure resources for a multitenant SaaS application.
- Develop concept and then design, program, and test new software products and features across the GainSeeker tech stack.
- Assist customer service personnel when support tickets are raised to the development team.
- Help write, maintain, and implement test procedures and data sets for software products.
- Assist in documenting and training on new software features.
- Work on special projects and perform other duties as required.
Open a pdf of this document in a new window.
How to Apply
You can submit an electronic resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing which position you are applying for.